It’s the oldest material used on buildings since prehistory as a constructive and decorative element.
• Extracted directly from quarries.
• Natural and finite mineral resources.
• Sustainable and environmentally friendly material: energy efficiency; Recyclable to infinity; Non-polluting.
• Durability, strength, and hardness. It’s a long-lasting material that just needs maintenance to last a lifetime.
• Versatile: Fits any architectural project: Traditional or contemporary.
• Exclusive: Each natural stone is different and unique. • Value: Any home that has natural stone will have more value than a home that doesn’t
How do you find it?
Rock experts and geologists use prospecting methods to find out where on earth there is a rock. There are many marble quarries in the world, in countries like Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Greece, etc.
How is it extracted?
Quarries are built, and then the rock is removed. The quarries are open air. The stone is extracted from the earth by drilling, sawing and pulling huge blocks of rock. The purpose is to get a basic shape of a large rectangle to be easier to shape it into what we call Block.
• After the stone is removed from the earth, it is examined for quality.
• The stone of a certain color is gathered. Impurities and cracks/holes are eliminated.
• The blocks are transported from quarries to processing factories.